Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Zoinks!




I cannot believe it, folks: the Denver Nuggets won a Division title against Portland, winning 110-98.

Oh, you didn't know I was a sports geek?

NBA basketball is not my favorite--I'm all about NFL football, baby--but I grew up watching the Nuggets and the stupid Broncos, in Colorado. For the most part, the Nuggets show the Knicks what it means to really suck.

Nevertheless, I scored awesome seats for the playoffs against the Utah Jazz (I hate the Utah Jazz like poison, especially that whiny John Stockton) in the 1993-1994 season. Dikembe Mutombo was on the team at that time, and the team was playing some exciting basketball. The Jazz took the first three games, then the Nuggets (who unseated the #1 Supersonics!) took the next three. Game 7 was a hair-pulling, nail-biting nightmare that unfortunately ended with the Utah Jazz winning 91-81.

Tomorrow night, the Nuggets and Jazz will face off again. I would watch, for old time's sake, if it didn't interfere with my American Idol viewing, and if I had cable. Why do the Idol hopefuls have to violate the songs of Queen, anyway? That ain't right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home