Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Witchie-poo



I love the show Bewitched, and not just because I'm told I resemble the cartoon Samantha. Even with the '50s dialogue (Darrin to Samantha: "Why isn't my breakfast ready, again?") the show had so much style and character. And who didn't wish they were a kind and chic witch, able to redecorate her house or turn an impolite dinner guest into ceramic frog, with just a twitch of the nose.

At various times in my life I've been called a witch--and not just by my exes! I remember being embarassed and exasperated, waiting for my (now ex-) husband to finish getting his nipple pierced and grimacing at the extremely hippie-gypsy looking man staring at me as he exited some dank back room. He approached and spoke to me in a trembly tone, saying he sensed a powerful witch in the shop and came out to investigate. While I waited for his patchouli oil-and-magic-beans sales pitch, my husband roared with laughter, shouting, "Yeah, she's the Wicked Witch of the West, dude!"

I'm happily Jewish and not at all inclined to the supernatural or mystic, but I've filed these strange comments away over the years, and am intrigued to find they mostly concern witches. Go figure!

*tinker-tinker-tink*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home