Friday, February 16, 2007

'80s Whoop-dee-doo

Hoist the Jolly Roger!


















Here are some things no one mentions about the 1980s in the midst of all the, "Omigod! I used to love that song! I wore those door-knocker earrings, too!" hoopla:

1. Reaganomics
2. The Challenger disaster
3. Ryan White
4. Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker
5. Chernobyl
6. Oliver North & the Iran-Contra Scandal
7. Fall of the Berlin Wall
8. Hands Across America
9. Miracle Mets
10. Martin Luther King Day finally recognized as a national holiday

Not that there is anything wrong with celebrating Day-Glo, A-Ha and Thriller.

I spent the '80s being a bad, school-ditching punk runaway. How about you?

1 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I spent the 80s being good and getting straight A's.
But I remember all of the things you mentioned. Oh an in NH, it's not MLK day, it's Civil Rights Day.

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home