Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Blog Networking Powers---Activate!


I need a job! Posted by Picasa


As I've mentioned blogpreviously, I am a writer. Everyone well knows that one can spit a sunflower seed in New York City and take out a writer's eye with it. I'm under no illusion of ever seeing my own work in print. That's why I took a job in publishing long ago, working for the corporate honchos of a newspaper chain. That's why I got a business degree and entertained ideas of law school. Also why I started up my own successful event planning business, and why I've worked in P/R, sales, insurance, non-profit, law, real estate, medical research and bartending. Because for the vast majority of writers, writing is a hobby, not an occupation.

And all that blather leads up to me asking--nay, pleading--for your help: I need a job in New York City, and I want you to summon all your networking power in an effort to produce leads. I'm smart! Talented! Versatile! Possessing great skills!

I will be delighted to send you my resume if that is helpful, and thank you! We will certainly talk finder's fees, yo.

Obviously, I'm also going about this the standard way, but my lovely friend LB suggested a blog appeal, so wonder no longer if I am crazy. I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Now wait a darn minute! Does that make me crazy as well? HARUMPH!!!

Best of luck in the job search Miss Trubs. You know I'll help you any way I can. And I'll take my finders fee as a lunch at Union Square Cafe :-)

4:22 PM  
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Sweetie if I could I would help you in an instant.

Mwah and best of luck!!!!

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home