Thursday, October 20, 2005

Ye HTML Gods!

Despite being previously married to a massive tech geek, and despite working as an IT recruiter, I know precious little about actually how the damn things work, or what writing code is all about.

Inspired by LisaB's fantastic new site, I wanted to jazz up this old weblog. Please note the new "Links" section, where one might actually click and go to another, probably more interesting, site or blog. There's also a hit counter. Fancy!

Well, this bit of renovation ate up three hours of my time and wore my last nerve to a shiny thread. Nevertheless, I now know rudimentary HTML and Java scripting, so watch out! You never know when I might whip out something fancy.

Anyone catch the show "Kept", on VH1? I did, and promptly became obsessed. You see, Jerry Hall was looking for a cabana boy, and the lucky beefcake stood to win a year in the lap of luxury (nyuck, nyuck) and a cool million. The herd from which she was to choose her young buck was a collection of doofuses from America. I was pretty sure Austen the blond WASP wonder would win, or possibly the devastatingly handsome and charming Anwar, but my favorite Kept hopeful was definitely Seth.

Loutish and foul-mouthed, he practically personified everything the British complain about American men. God love him, he called the prissy model-wannabe Ricardo, "Retardo" as often as possible, and served as much-needed comic relief for the rather dreary show. The boys were given challenges for each episode, after the completion of which Jerry and her tittering hen friends would choose one for elimination, taking pains to point out every fault and foible.

Each episode, Seth burped and scratched his crotch through fashion shows, celeb-clogged parties, and various high society events. I waited through the eliminations each episode, expecting to see Seth ejected for his boorishness. When he survived elimination after elimination, I began to think old Seth from Bawston was being used as a red herring. I was wrong, he won!

He has a blog!

3 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I love the links!! I love being referred to as "the rack". Anyway, I should add some links to my blog, I may have to ask for your assistance since you are probably now an expert in what not to do!!

Great job getting your blog back in order, I would have given up.

7:51 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Thank you dear Trubs for the lovely compliment and the link! MWAH my friend!

I'm so jazzed you now have links up and you were able to upgrade your blog. Fun isn't it?

Big Hug!!!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Trouble said...

Duh, blinkies? *perk*

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home