Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Conundrum

Some ad on TV shows sweaty athletes doing their thing, ending with a message: Love or Money? I guess they'll sell shoes that way, but I wasn't thinking about sports at all as I watched this.

Impossible decisions are quite vexing. I've faced them before--the same one twice, actually--and I'm staring one down again. The twin conundrums of 2003 and again in 2004 involved choosing my happiness and safety over the needs of people as important to me as oxygen. Do I remain in CO to be near my children, or do I leave CO to escape the dangerous stalker shadowing my every move and threatening my sanity and my life? Before that it was: Do I remain on the East Coast with one child who needs me, or move back to CO to the other children who need me? Like I said, impossible decisions that will haunt me to my dying day.

This latest one is more on the TV commercial's level. This job I have now is great, has the potential to make me a lot of money, and is something at which I'm damn sensational, thank you very much. But...what's this? A New York publishing outfit wants to hire me as a Writer/Editor? Hmm, that sounds a whole lot like my LIFE'S DREAM!!! But...there's not much money there. Just mammoth potential for my writing career.

Love or Money? What are my priorities? Great Caesar's Ghost, people.

I shall commence mulling. Feel free to share your thoughts!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I don't have any words of wisdom. All I have to say is money does not equal happiness nor can it buy happiness. From my own perspective, I am miserable at work and I would consider taking a pay cut to work in a job that makes me truly happy and that I enjoy doing. Unfortunately, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. However, you do, think about it.

4:36 AM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

I vote take care of you. Ambiguous yes? If you are happy with Superfly, (which you tell us regularly you are,) and love your job and have new opportunities to work at your dream job... well there is your answer. Once you are happy you can give even more to your loved ones, both spiritual and otherwise. To go back to a situation which was both dangerous and miserable doesn't sound like the way to go to me.

My POV anyway...

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home