Saturday, September 10, 2005

The real reason I love Fall/Autumn


Jimmy Choo-choo-choose me! Posted by Picasa

Just pulled the 6 pairs of boots I own out of the closet and dusted them off. Next, I will reverently take them to be re-soled and rubbed with oil. Oh, mama. This year's "in" boot is a cowboy one, but living in Colorado for a large portion of my life has cured me of any fondness for things Western. I'll stick to the stilleto boots, the chunky-heel boot, the short boots, and the out-of-style with everyone but me, pink stiletto faux-Manolo Steve Madden boots.

Listen, it has nothing to do with my height. Only a passing relevance with regard to sexiness, also. I'm just an all-or-nothing girl when it comes to heel height. Flip-flops May-September, High-heel boots the rest of the year. The mid-heel thing is agony, thanks to an unnaturally high arch in the old flippers.

Boots are a money-saver, also. I've had my super-expensive pair of stilleto black boots for 5 years now, and they still look great. Not to mention the diminished necessity of a pedi to go with your mani, eh girls? Really, the only drawback is foot odor, and that's easily remedied.

Nothing beats sliding on a pair of black boots and hitting the town. Instant confidence, a polished look to your outfit, and admiring stares from men who just might be envisioning naughty things involving the boots. Secret weapon, I say.

How soon until the weather's cool enough to break 'em out? I can't wait! Now!

Ok, so I have an unwholesome love for certain footwear items. What's it to ya?

2 Comments:

Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

I love sexy boots too! I also love my black ostrich cowboy boots that hug my feet :-)

Let's go shopping!!!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I love boots!! I have two pairs of black ones, high ones with a chunky heel and low ones with a lower heel. I really need to go shoe shopping as I am down to 45 pairs of shoes. However, I need clothes more than I need shoes. But I do drool every time I pass the shoe store. I just know that there is a hot pair of boots in there waiting for me. It's only a matter or time...

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home