Tuesday, August 16, 2005

What the...?

Superfly replied to my email, telling me he'd be delayed getting back to the apartment tonight. "Ok," I thought, "This is an excellent opportunity for me to stop by Macy's and look for some placemats for his new table." Luckily, Macy's was having an End of Summer Clearance sale. I got placemats, napkins, napkin holders, and coasters, all for $33. Woot! Woot!

Hopped on the subway and headed for Brooklyn, pit-stopping at Rite Aid for some water bottles and a craving-satiating Haagen-Daz bar. Which I was munching on when I walked into the apartment building and saw Superfly coming down the stairs. "What did you buy?" He asked, to which I replied, "You'll see."

I dumped the Macy's bag on the bed and noticed a bulging Century 21 bag sitting there. I started pulling out placemats and stuff, crowing about my money-saving. He pulled out placemats, napkins, and coasters from his Century 21 bag. All items were in complementary color schemes, of course. We are goofy like minds.

Now we're ready to invite you over to dinner!

Psych!

4 Comments:

Blogger Trouble said...

Linny, my lovie, I'm bummed I missed seeing you again at the Shore party. We have to do brunch again, soon!

7:01 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

I can't wait, what can I bring?!

2:25 AM  
Blogger glo said...

Ms. Trubbs... Mazel Tov on the new addition ... lol, now I know what not to bring when I visit ... and btw, what is the color scheme?

8:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

this is cute, trouble...

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home