Sunday, August 07, 2005

Trouble Car Trouble


Da Rollerskate Posted by Picasa

Dammit! I love my car. It looks like an oversized rollerskate and feels like you're driving a pepsi can, but for two and half years, this baby drove like a bat out of hell for me. She fills up for under $20, and is easy to maintain and fix. Street racers love this car because it lends itself well to tricking out and pimping. I've crammed 5 adults into this clown car, believe it or not. Fondly I'll remember the many road trips I took to New York in the Skate, rocketing down the turnpike at 80mph+, eating Swedish Fish and sunflower seeds and singing along to the classic rock station. *sigh*

Because Daewoo no longer makes cars, finding parts is nigh impossible. I think this smoking, steaming, leaking, overheating mess is the Skate's death spiral. My dad's advice consists of, "eh, what do you need a car in New York for, anyway?" Superfly boyfriend is in VA and I am in PA, but he was supportive and helpful as always, coming up with several ideas to get me, the laundry, and the heap of grocery bags back to Brooklyn tonight.

Oh, yeah, and I missed the Shore party because of this, and that was the whole reason for trekking down to PA in the Skate. Rackie, I hope you can forgive me, I really, really wanted to be there. Instead of having fun in the sun with my friends, I watched a lot of cable TV, and putzed around Lancaster. Phooey.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Nothing to forgive my dahling!! Unfortunately, it happens, I know that better than anyone. I hope to meet you soon!!

Love you long time!

4:11 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Bummer about the car :-(

And I missed you at the party too!!!

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home