Monday, July 25, 2005

Trouble Jr.

My mini-supermodel girl underwent surgery today to repair torn tendons in her hand. You see, she was carrying a glass of water down a short flight of stairs and her flip-flops banana-peeled right out from under her. She slammed into a wall, breaking the glass in her hand. Literally.

She's tough like her mama, so she didn't blink an eye at the injections and IV and whatnot. Came out of anaesthesia none the worse for wear; complaining about her cast, remarking on how cute her doctor is, and demanding Burger King, all while dressing herself with her "good" arm. She's just fine.

The nurses all thought I was her sister, which is cheering. Still, I'm not her sister and I was spine-tingly-dingly nervous the whole 2 1/2 hours.

She just left, having turned one of my good scarves into a makeshift sling for her "ugly" cast. Off to hang out with friends, as if she wasn't under general anaesthesia for most of the day. Ah, to be 15 again.

I guarantee that, after my procedure tomorrow, I will be a complete waste of carbon. Maybe I can talk Superfly boyfriend into posting for me.

Hope all is well with LB, Rackerella, and TWJones! Much love, yo!

3 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I'm really glad to hear that she is doing well. She does sound amazing like her momma!!

Love you!! Nothing but good thoughts for you for tomorrow!

MWAH. Oh and Superfly had better let us know how you are if you are unable to log on.

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Trubbs... so glad to hear Trubbs Jr. is doing well...and I am waiting to hear the same of you.

Did you feel me with you? When I can't be somewhere in person...I like to visit in spirit.

Hope for the best darlin, and be prepared...then do what ya gotta do...shop, shop and shop some more or soaking in some rays at the ocean/seaside would be nice !!! Ok, so you don't tan well...but vitamin D is good too. 07.26.05 8am

6:03 AM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

So GLAD to hear Trubs Jr. is doing so well! And YOU will too Missy! When it rains, it pours you know? You've had your tough times of late and from here on out it's gonna be smooth sailing. Great times are ahead!!! Keep the faith - it will go well.

Love ya!

Superfly, please keep us in the loop!

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home