Saturday, July 16, 2005

Dreams come true

My beloved friends know how hard my life has been up to this point--especially the last four years. Because I hate to suffer, I fought and worked and railed against the heavens for change. Never did I give up hope that change would be for the better, eventually. Cynicism equals weakness of character, on Planet Trouble, so no matter how diabolically I've been treated by people I trusted, or how often I've been on the losing end of a great cosmic banana peel, I persist in believing that being a good person, doing the right thing, and observing some pretty basic Golden rules will take you where you want to go. I did, however, learn the hard way that the decisions we make can be life-altering ones and should be taken very seriously.

Reality can indeed be harsh, but we can't let that affect our dreaming.

It took 16 years, but I'm finally moving back to New York: a dream fulfillment.

After ridiculous, pitiful, and time-wasting relationships with Mr. Wrongs (including a 6-yr stint as Mrs. Wrong), I found Superfly boyfriend, half-drunk and popping Listerine Breath Strips, at a party on the UES: My dream man.

Without a drop of sarcasm (because I hate it) I'll tell you I've never been happier in my life, nor loved another person more.

Even if our relationship doesn't last and even if I have to leave New York again, I will have seen my dreams come true, my faith restored, and happiness to last and last.

I wish all of you the fulfillment of your dreams, and scads of happiness! Love, T

2 Comments:

Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Hurray for living by The Golden Rules!

I'm very happy for you Miss Trubs and welcome back to NYC. We're delighted you are here!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Congratulations. I'm so happy for you. I remember back in the day when we had the talk about Mr. Wrong and how much you needed to get rid of him.....I'm so glad that things are working out for you.

MWAH!!

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home