Tuesday, July 12, 2005

When it Rains, it Motherf#$%# Pours

Superfly boyfriend and I did a lot of driving this past weekend. My usual PA-Brooklyn trek, plus we drove all the way the hell to Boston for a friend's wedding (our tribe has the BEST weddings! We had loads of fun) and stopped at my sister's house in lovely Rhode Island for a delightful visit before heading back to NYC.

Received an nastygram email from someone, something that would usually make me go apeshit and start an unholy war.(1) My wonderful, super-duper Superfly boyfriend just put his arms around me and made it vanish and made it all bettah. Much as I didn't want to, headed back to PA this morning (2). Frustratingly, my bank was not allowing me to access money in my account, even though there was plenty of money in there and I made a deposit almost a week ago (3). I race back to Lancaster to make an appointment, only to have the Dr. reschedule it for a week later (4). Turns out my bank "accidentally" closed my account, when they meant to close someone else's. While they sort it out, I have no money. Zero.(5) I'm supposed to go back up to NYC tonight, to go to a fabulous job interview tomorrow. I have to (hopefully) reschedule, since I don't have gas or toll money (6) Thank you, pigfucking bank. Just as I'm reeling from all this, I get a call from my OB/GYN.(7)

You see, I decided to go get tested for every bad thing I could think of (STD, cancer) so I could rule it out and erase it from my litany of worry. Everything came back negative, normal, fine, perfect, good. But one result was taking forever to come back from the lab. "There were slighty abnormal cells," she says, "we need to schedule more tests." Then she launches into all the advances that have been made in detecting and treating cervical cancer, especially when it's caught early.

Hey, great, thanks. Well, I'm off to do things which cheer me up. Thanks for reading my Extra Ranty-Flavored blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Someone get her some bubble bath stat!!!! You sound like you could use a vacation!! A good friend of mine had abnormal cells...she had more tests and the LEEP procedure. It's better to get it now!!

Mwah, I love you!

4:55 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

As my heroine Scarlett O'Hara said, "After all, tomorrow is another day." And it is indeed my friend. Pull the covers over your head and know it's going to be MUCH better tomorrow.

You got lots of people who love you. That makes you blessed!!! And you also have good friends who are here for you. And I'm one of them!!!

BIG HUG!!!!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home