Wednesday, September 21, 2005

New Stuff

Started the new job. :preen: The people I work with are really great and the work is so easy for me, I almost feel bad taking money for it. ALMOST! The only time people care about recruiters is when they're looking for work, but hey! Those are the only people I talk to. Which reminds me; let me know if you know any techie-types looking for work!

Being that I am Trouble, I expect friction wherever I go. So far, pretty non-existant in this job because they're all busy doing their own jobs. Hours are long, but, oddly enough, I don't notice until see the clock proclaim it three hours later than I thought it was. Of course, I did overhear the boss making fun of one of the sales guys for being "tone-deaf", so I tease him mercilessly to sing something for me.

Naturally, I catch one Hell of a cold my second day on the job. Boss (a handsome and freshly married guy who adores management lingo and cheerfully terrorizes the staff with Dale Carnegie jingoism) tells me I look, "shot". Lost my voice completely, feverish, sleeping all day and sweating off at least 5 lbs (here's hoping). I wash my hands obsessively (I'm down with OCD, yeah, you know me) and use Purell after the subway and so on. This is ridiculous! Must I wear a mask and gloves, a la Michael Jackson?

Oh, and just so youse know: Superfly boyfriend is the best nurse the world has ever known. ;) He rarely posts at his own damn blog, so I'm going to do it for him: he got a beyond-fabulous new job, too! Can you just feel how proud I am of my Super-duper-fantastico-Fly boyfriend? WOOT! WOOT!

3 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I'm so happy for both of you!! Congrats!! I hope that you feel better soon. In the meantime, may I suggest that you wipe your hands on the keyboard/phone or whatever you can of the co-workers that you depise.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Trouble said...

Ooh, good advice! I'm already sneezing indiscriminately. Heh.

2:28 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Congrats on the new job! I'm glad you are enjoying despite the sneezy cold.

Feel better soon!

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home