Sunday, October 16, 2005

Party On Down!

Went to an non-sanctioned JDate event, a gathering of chat friends from the infamous Jewish Dating site. I was an active chatter for 2 1/2 years, which in retrospect is profoundly embarassing. But! The big payoff is the many friends I've made from an inpersonal, nameless, faceless java applet. LB and Linny and Puck and Skiguy and TJ and Rack and Boogie and...the list goes on. It was at another non-sanctioned JDate chat event that Superfly and I met, so there's special place in my heart reserved for all things related to the notorious Lobby in JDate chat.

I digress. The party last night was uptown, at a pretty swanky place. Superfly had boy's poker night, so I got a ride with the darlingest couple, who met about a month before Superfly and I, under similar circumstances. When we rolled up we noticed a line to get in one side of the place and a doorman at the other door. "You here for ---'s party?" He asked, checking us out skeptically.

Inside there were hugs and kisses and a rush to the bar. A DJ played some kickin' '80s music while we all reminisced, gossiped, and kvetched our brains out. A good time was had by all, until the bar staff got impatient and opened the private party to all comers. In poured a bajillion guidos and all their slut girlfriends. I quickly lost patience, as I generally do with people who are inconsiderate and act in a manner that would embarass most chimpanzees.

Anyway! We all booked over to a nearby diner, where Superfly met up with us over a late-night breakfast.

No one's changed a bit, they look terrific (nice legs, LB! Va-va-voom!) and I hope they all find as wonderful a partner as I have, thanks to JDate chat. Boogie and Kaia, ConcertGoer and Teach, SweetNTiny and Minime, Trouble and Chopped Livahhhh.

It warms the heart, chat nachas.

4 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I am so bummed that I have not gotten to meet you face to face yet. But you rest assured that I will!!! One day you're going to open your door and I will just be standing there. Ok, maybe not. But I will find a way to meet you and superfly as well.

Even though we haven't met face to face, I love you (wo)man!!

4:39 AM  
Blogger Trouble said...

Dammit, I've just flung open the door and found not my Rackie McJiggles, but a UPS man.

No matter how cute he happened to be, he's no match for you, baby.

8:15 AM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Why thank you Miss Trubs! Great to hang out with ya!!!!

6:56 AM  
Blogger NanetteFabray said...

See! Singles events are a great way to meet people. Anmd I ain't just saying that cause I run them for a living.

I'm glad you found someone and stayed in touch with people. I don't think online dating is the most successful in finding a mate, but you definitely walk away makign cool friends. Good for you!

Moxie
http://moxieblog.typepad.com

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home