Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Why I am Crazy (No, Really)


Following are the combined side effects reported for the three medications I must take every day:

Discomfort, Abdominal Pain, Tremor, Nausea, Agitation, Nervousness, Vertigo, Anxiety, Irritability, Muscle weakness, Constipation, Headache, Fine hand tremor, Diarrhea, Insomnia, Fatigue, Dizziness, Thirst, Dry Mouth, Loss of Appetite, Polyuria, Heart Palpitations, Leg cramps, Confusion,Increased Urination, Menstrual irregularities, Disorientation,Insomnia, Fever, Muscle twitches, Muscle Soreness, Sweating, Hyper-reflexia, Nausea, Heat sensitivity, Nystagmus, Rash/Acne, Weight Loss, Weight Gain, Seizures, Ear Ringing,Sore Throat, Vomiting, Sweating, Coma, Death

This is what I risk every day. It's like pharmacological Russian Roulette.

*spin* Oh, just a headache, bring it on!

*spin* Acne? Big whoop. One word: Proactiv.

*spin* 15 stubborn excess pounds? Now that hurts. Ok, enough!

*spin* Insomnia? But I already missed three nights sleep! Stop!

When it's all of the above at once, I really have to talk myself into believing I'm better off on medication than off.

And people wonder why I am such a queenhell bitch? Be me for a day, smartass.

This is where I praise and adore Superfly for not only putting up with me, but being caring and supportive and, best of all, aware. Living with someone who is bipolar can be nerve-wracking and it takes a strong person to do it. He is a rock. I'm so very lucky--just know I fell in love with him for him, long before the "Hi, I'm crazy!" confession took place.

Anyway, just in a sharing mood.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Don't sell yourself short, you're pretty amazing yourself!! I give you a lot of credit, I would never take the medications even if I was better off on them. I'm afraid of medication....I think I'm the crazy one. I won't even take ibuprofen for a headache, I tell everyone because I'm afraid it will trigger an asthma attack, but I'm afraid of the medicine itself. See...do they have a medication for people who are afraid of medication?

3:59 AM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Yay Superfly! And Yay YOU even more. And YES, you are better on medication than off... despite the fact the side effects blow goats.

Hugs my friend!

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home