Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Color Me Vexed

I know, how unusual.

Here's my question to you:

Has anyone ever told you, "You look just like _______" and the person in question is absolutely hideous?

This happened to me recently. The lovely person who said this to me obviously felt I should feel complimented, they weren't deliberately insulting me. Still, the woman to whom I was compared looks like she was rode hard and put away wet, chain smoking the entire time. She has black hair and Mediterranean features and usually dresses like your basic nightmare punk dyke.

I am appalled, vexed, and worried my self esteem may never recover.

Has this ever happened to you? Please share. As they say, misery loves company.

Anyone who correctly guesses the person I most certainly do not resemble wins a special prize! Superfly, you are disqualified.

6 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I can't even venture a guess. I usually have people demand to know my name and then tell me that I look exactly like someone they know. Great. Then they never believe me when I say I'm not related to this individual.

5:31 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Yes, someone told me I looked like an absolutely hideous folk singer, (in her 60's look.) I was unbelievably pissed off.

5:49 AM  
Blogger glo said...

teehee, I was told I looked like I could be the twin of someone she worked with, altho as much as I tried, I couldn't get a pic out of her ... wink wink

6:04 AM  
Blogger Trouble said...

GLO! That lady did bear a passing resemblance to my favorite Canadienne. I just couldn't get a pic, I'm sorry. For the record, she is by no means unattractive.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Trouble said...

dark haired '60s folk singers...Maria Muldaur? Joan Baez?

9:35 AM  
Blogger glo said...

oops ... I forgot about the 'hideous' part and just went with 'you look just like'... my bad, oh so bad ... lol

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home