Monday, March 06, 2006

How about them Oscars?

I guess we better see this movie, Crash. Totally off my radar last year, for some reason. Did they call all the agents' offices and say, "Hey, who hasn't worked for awhile--are they available?"

Glad Wallace & Gromit got an award, but what's with the bowties? If you liked Wallace & Gromit and Chicken Run, be sure to rent the Rex the Runt series from Netflix. Absolutely brilliant, as them limeys like to say.

Seeing as we are big Johnny Cash fans, we loved, Walk the Line. Reese Witherspoon was one of the only women there wearing a lovely dress. Charlize had some kind of taffeta tumor growing on her shoulder. Other fashion nightmares abounded. Here's hoping a few stylists got their asses kicked this morning!

Anybody put money on the Oscars? Is it just Superfly, or was this one boring-ass Oscar night? What did you think of Jon Stewart?

4 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I skimmed your post and was just about to comment on Charlize's dress with that obscene shoulder bow when I spotted that in your post. My goodness. I turned the oscars on then fell asleep at 8:10. Rough day. But what I did see, was just plain boring. Jon Stewart looked too nervous to be hosting.

5:07 PM  
Blogger marty said...

I too fell asleep. I'm wondering if I can get a dvd of it to help w/my insomnia.

8:30 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

I thought Reese and Salma Hayek looked gorgeous. The rest of them not so much...

I have to rent "Crash" too!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Trouble said...

So, the consensus is: boring Oscar telecast and What The Fuck fashion. From what I read about the Vanity Fair Oscar party, it was a lot of What The Fuck.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman is creepy. I wish Joaquin won!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home