Sunday, February 26, 2006

Back in Business...maybe!

Besides being a hotshot editor/writer in Denver, Colorado, I owned and operated my own wedding/event planning company. As you can imagine, it was the best job ever created.

Whenever someone I know announces their engagement, I beg them to let me help. What I know is the billion-dollar bridal industry is 100% geared toward relieving people of as much of their money as possible. They will actually encourage couples to take out loans or second mortgages to finance a one-day event.

What every engaged couple needs to know is that a beautiful, classy, and crowd-pleasing wedding can be achieved without the bridezilla-creating stress and without breaking the bank. No, really. My company made the local style magazine for a wedding that cost about $1,500, but looked like $1 million.

The secrets are creativity, flexibility, good advice, and patience.

I'm helping a bride-to-be here in NYC, and it's stirring up the awesome memories of being a wedding planner. Who knows? I may just hang out my shingle here in Bay Ridge.

5 Comments:

Blogger marty said...

Do you plan dates too? I need to start simple.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Tracy Kaufman said...

True dat! Expensive weddings are entirely unnecessary, and it seems like the planning of a zillion-dollar ridiculous one-day spectacle would kind of take away the whole fun of getting married.

Incidentally, I am willing to DJ any wedding for $10, free of any REO Speedwagon or Bob Seger. That's a bargain!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Trouble said...

Marty, for you--anything.

Slothster, I had no idea you were such a multi-talented wonder! Wedding DJs here are charging $1,200 (and you KNOW there will be a chicken dance and an electric slide, no matter how stridently you desist).

By the way, you had me at "I love Earth, Wind & Fire", lo these many months ago.

8:46 AM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

If wedding planner services are ever required, expect a phone call!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

The way that my dating life is going, I don't think I'm ever getting married. However, if I ever need some help, you will be the first person I call. I wish you lots of luck and much success.

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home