Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Party's Over

According to Slate, blogs are "so over". The Financial Times even deigned to weigh in, with an article sporting the headline, "Time For the Last Post". New York has blogging as its cover story, a story so boring and pointless, I began to suspect the authors were too busy shopping sample sales and maintaining their hipster haircut to research their article, and simply culled Lexis-Nexis for filler lingo. Bah! Let me tell you a secret: the vast majority of reporters and magazine writers are as far from cool as my new boyfriend Jeremy Bloom is from winning a gold medal at the Olympics.

So don't be sad, fellow bloggers: all this means is the herd moves on to the next trend, the fame/fortune-seeking bloggers are shit out of luck (no more book deals, suckers!), and we recreational bloggers will keep right on truckin'. Whew!

Here's to you posting about whatever it is that interests you at that moment. I check all my friends blogs, every day. Got me a fancy-pants visitor tracker, too. Not especially interested in the traffic in terms of numbers, more to check out the people checking me out--there are some totally unknown, kickass blogs out there, I hope they keep at it.

This post was inspired and informed by the cool kids at the blogosphere lunchtable: Gawker

3 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

This is the story of my life, I finally do something or get something cool and it goes out of style. Oh well. I enjoy being a blogger. I enjoy the outlet. I too check my friends' blogs daily.

I love your posts. You keep 'em coming!

3:45 PM  
Blogger marty said...

I blog therefore I am.

-Philosophical Marty

2:47 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

I don't care if I am "so over." I love blogging and will do it until I cease to love it.

Nyah, nyah, nyah.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home