Sunday, July 30, 2006

All Good Things Must End

Ren faire pirate by day, KJ by night: Star (his real name) is truly a one man party. Long has he held sway at the Lodge; cracking wise, flirting with the pretty ladies, and regularly being "fired" from his ("I get paid for this?") job.

Star is moving on to better and brighter things, friends. I'm sure you join me in wishing him all the best in his future endeavors. Feel free to do so in the comments here, or check out his blog.

For his final appearance at the Lodge, Star requested a theme night: Student/Teacher night, wherein attendees would dress up as either naughty school girls or teachers/coaches. My crew was totally down for this, of course.

Bobulah was extremely fetching in his pink wig, plaid jumper, and prim white shirt-- hairy calves and all. When I showed up in my Saucy French Teacher outfit Bobulah said, "I think I just turned straight!" K$ was resplendent in his Drama Teacher flouncy shirt and blazer, and absolutely no one else in the crowd dressed up. Did we care? No sir, we did not. We soldiered on, sang our brains out, and a good time was had by all.

The only thing missing was Superfly. In his honor, I sang "La Vie en Rose"--it was a hit.

Bon Vogage, Star and bring your dirty pirate self up to NYC for a visit sometime.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobulah said...

ah, yes. a great night, indeed. i was surprised that i got more stares at the diner without the wig. i suppose sans accesories it looked like i just dress like that. muah, you sexy french teacher, you! you can par les vous my francois any time...

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home