Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Dance Nostalgia!

If you were a dance geek in the '80s, you loved this video too. This other video represents the dance geekery of the later '80s, plus features my all-time favorite female singer.

The movie Fame was both informative and inspirational. I choreographed a routine for our school talent contest, featuring girls from every clique, to this song:



But this next one combined all the things I loved as a teenager: dance, France and half-nekkid men (nevermind that they're all gayer than an Ice Capades locker room):



Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did! [This nostalgia trip brought to you by my recently unearthed grubby toe shoes.]

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Absinthe said...

Uh mah gaw. Higher Love. i LOVED that song. I totally remember going to a fashion show at our local mall in the summer of 1986 featuring my favorite baby-sitter, and they played this song. Her hair was big, crimped ("mall hair," if you will), and I thought she was uber-cool because her name was Lexi and gave me a Nu Shooz tape for my birthday. People wore lots of Benetton in that fashion show, if memory serves.
Good times.
I might cry.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home