Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Summertime

Summer in Denver means lots of sunshine, 80-degree weather, no humidity, clear blue skies (at least, until the daily afternoon thundershower), and leisurely frozen margarita lunches al fresco.

Not exactly conducive to blogging, so I hope you'll understand why it's been so long since I posted.

So far, What I'm Doing on my Summer Vacation is a whirlwind of travel, out-of-town guests, swimsuits drying in the shower, flip flops and sunscreen.

I attended Trouble Jr.'s high school graduation and burst with pride at the fine lady my little darling girl has become. Visited with parents, one of my sisters and her cutie-pie 2 year old, and friends in the hometown who've only had two months to miss me but were nevertheless happy to have an excuse for copious drinking.

Friends from NYC flew out with their 3 year old son and stayed with us for a week, allowing me to see Denver from a newcomer's perspective. New Yorkers always say the same things about Denver: "It's so beautiful!" and "Everything is so cheap!" and "These people can't drive for shit!" Also, they usually fear the authentic Mexican food you get here — it doesn't resemble the chain-restaurant fajitas, so it can't be good.

I haven't had alone time with Superfly for almost two weeks. I'll check in with you later. Hope all's well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home