Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hot Fun in the Summertime

I Heart Karaoke!

Have you booked your trip to Denver yet? I'm telling you, everyone that visited us from the East Coast recently is busily looking for jobs here to facilitate their relocation.

Best of all, Trouble Jr. ditched her plan to go to the culinary school in Philly to return to the Mile-High city for her higher education. Trouble Jr. and the Troublets all together, here with me? Shit yes!

What is the draw? Not the nightlife or sports teams, that's for sure. It's dream real estate for any kind of outdoor activity you can imagine; the weather is an awesome improvement on sweltering humidity and winter sleet; everything is MUCH cheaper; it's everything-friendly and hipsters are scarce.

The media scene here is like a TV reenactment of all the scare stories in the national media about layoffs, downsizing and the death of print media. I meet A LOT of freelancers/consultants, let's say. So, naturally, I am cooking up a scheme to improve the scene for everyone here.

I am an entrepreneur, you see, and I'm not happy unless I'm cooking up schemes. One day, an idea of mine will actually pan out. Promise.

Mostly, though, I am babying my poor broken back and trying to lose weight through sheer willpower. I start PT tommorrow and you know what that means — free massage!

Our guestroom and the wonders of Denver, Colorado await you!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I would love to come visit you. I've never been there before and now that you're there, I have no excuse. How awesome would that be to have all the trublets there? I'm so excited for you! I hope that you're feeling better. I loved the massages in PT.

5:53 PM  
Blogger marty said...

Do you have to go to a massage parlor?

8:07 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

WooHoo, all the Troubles together in one place!!!!!! I'm very happy for you all.

As for the real estate, sorry Cookie. I got at least 4 cities ahead of Denver. I will do my best to come visit sometime though ;-)

Feel better!!!

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home