Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Bitch is Back

Hellooooooo!

Highlights from our trip:

1. Superfly met: my kids (mutual admiration society), my mother-the-sociopath (he listened to her blathering, so she really likes him), my best friend J (Hadn't seen her in two years!), and Mr & Mrs. F, and their baby. He appears none the worse for wear and is now officially part of the greater Trouble family. Huzzah!

2. We saved the meeting my douchebag of an ex-husband and his wife until the absolute last minute. Said douchebag fawned over Superfly, telling him several times how nice it was to meet him. I was too busy staring at his nearly-40-year-old wife standing there in overalls. I smartly choo-choo-chose not to make the vicious remark that sprang into my head.

It was a phony-baloney encounter with beige people in a beige house, in a beige neighborhood, in a beige city that is a blight upon civilization. National Geographic Magazine used this city as an example of the worst kind of urban sprawl. In the World. I told Superfly, "Welcome to Stepford".

I'm only comforted by the knowledge my kids are smart and savvy, and no amount of suburban ignorance and lock-step conformity will alter their Trouble DNA. Take that!

3. I'll have you know that Superfly and I entered a Live Trivia contest and won a pitcher of beer and a bar tab for being oh, so smart!

4. We traveled to Fort Collins, a college town an hour from Denver that's a favorite spot for people who are the outdoorsy type. Supe met up with a mentor from the world of outdoor/sports photography and again with the mutual admiration society. Everybody takes an instant like to Superfly!

5. All in all, it was a fantastic and relatively drama-free weekend, and I'm so glad we went. So, what did I miss?

3 Comments:

Blogger Trouble said...

Don't make me post pictures of you having fun, Tribble-fly!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

We missed you!! I'm so happy that all went well.

5:58 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Welcome back and I'm glad everyone loved Superfly!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home