Thursday, December 22, 2005

Coulrophobia


CAN'T SLEEP, CLOWNS WILL EAT ME
CAN'T SLEEP, CLOWNS WILL EAT ME

I hate clowns. Even looking at the word skeeves me out.

There was no circus trauma early in my life. In fact, my mother reports my fear of clowns from toddlerhood. I was a teenager when "Stephen King's It" came out, but when I watched the beginning of that TV movie, I thought I was going to die: My heart beat crazily, my hair stood on end, I cried, I froze.

Theories abound as to why 8-10% of people are frightened of clowns, and a whole side business opened up in therapy to treat this phobia. I think I'll just continue to avoid them, keep a low profile. I don't want them knowing where I sleep!

3 Comments:

Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

*backs away from Linny*

6:37 AM  
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I'm not afraid of clowns but that picture is scary and I don't like it.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Trouble said...

All clowns look like this picture, to me.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home