Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Perchance to sleep

So, while I weathered a full week of insomnia (see: side effects post), I stared at the ceiling and listened to such 3:00 sounds as the subway rumbling deep underground and the click of the streetlights changing color, and wondered about other people sleeping. Do most people pull up the covers, shut their eyes, and just do to sleep? Do other folks have a ritual, like I do?

I also had extended lotto fantasies, but that's another blog. I have knock-out drops now, so I finally slept through the night. What I want to know from you is, do you have a sleep ritual? Care to share? What do you do when sleep won't come?

8 Comments:

Blogger glo said...

What subway? Isn't there a strike or does it not affect Brooklyn?

9:47 AM  
Blogger Trouble said...

Are you questioning the veracity of my blog? ;)

Well, that night was pre-strike, Glo-baby.

Yes, the strike affects Brooklyn in a big way. Superfly can't get to work!

10:01 AM  
Blogger glo said...

Wouuuuuld I do that? lol

1:54 PM  
Blogger glo said...

p.s., what are knock out drops and where do I get me some?

1:56 PM  
Blogger Trouble said...

Knock out drops: Lunesta, Ambien, Sonata. You get them from your doctor, cutie-pie.

2:31 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

What do I do when I can't sleep? Blog of course silly girl!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

When I can't sleep I done one of a several things, I read my most boring text book from school, or I watch t.v., or I um take care of my needs...usually a good orgasm puts me to sleep. Sorry, but it does. :)

4:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely lovely strike, in't it? No more lulling subway sounds to drift you off to sleep. ARgh.

When sleep don't come, I get pissed off and don't sleep until it is light out.

Hey, I didn't say I had a good solution.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home