Saturday, December 17, 2005

Dear Mr. Bush

If eavesdropping and otherwise spying on American citizens "saved lives", praytell whose lives were saved, exactly?

If it's a matter of "national security", would you mind terribly proving it?

Just a friendly reminder, a previous President was impeached after only wiretapping his political rivals. When you admit authorizing the decision to spy on private citizens--well, how is that ok?

Did we become a totalitarian government while I was napping? CIA changed its acronym to KGB? Mr. Bush, echoing Mr. Stalin, dispatching the enemies he saw all around him, instilling in his country an unprecedented level of fear and hopelessness?

If the CIA is involved in clever covert operations, wouldn't it better serve national security and save more lives if it was directed at, say, pesky foreign governments? One sharpshooter can accomplish a lot.

Lastly, you're a lame duck president with an awful legacy. Nothing you do now will change this fact, and the sooner you accept it, the better. You look desperate on TV, (admittedly, an improvement over your usual short-bus appearances) not like a confident world leader. It's all backpedalling, diversion tactics, and finger-pointing in the wrong direction.

My advice: Think less about your approval rating, your nutjob pals on the right fringe, and your legacy, instead focus your attention and efforts on what you can do for your country. For all Americans, not just those who blindly support you.

5 Comments:

Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Feel better? ;-)

6:39 AM  
Blogger Trouble said...

LB, I just read Cheney is in Iraq. One insurgent with good aim is all I ask.

9:04 AM  
Blogger greensatya said...

There you go! by writing this,now your blog is also on the CIA monitoring list.

:)

11:59 AM  
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Sometimes it's good to get things off of your chest. I hope that this helped!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Trouble said...

It's sweet of you all to worry about me not getting things off my chest. I appreciate your posting comments, usually my political rants go without.

I am unconcerned with being on the CIA's "people of interest" list. Just exercising my 1st Amendment rights. In reality, I'm about as much threat as a rubber chicken.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home