Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Some Fluff

As Eddie Vedder's disembodied howl rises from a an open apartment window three floors below me, assaulting my tender aural sensibilities, I am inspired to take a poll:

What three popular artists/groups make your skin crawl the most?


Here's mine:
Pearl Jam, Creed, REM


I find their music intolerable and their lead singers cringe-inducing. I want to scrub my ears out with bleach after hearing their simultaneously bombastic and whiny treacle. Feh!

The only thing worse is when some earnest soul sings one of those bands' songs at karaoke. If any on my list are on your favorites, you can have them.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Kaufman said...

Agreed about Pearl Jam! I actually can't stand Nirvana either, though that's a VERY unpopular opinion to hold. I just think both bands sound like a heap of ugly, boring, uninspired noise. Grunge was the dullest era of pop music, in my opinion.

2:00 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

The Captain and Tennile, Garth Brooks, and Macy Gray.

6:21 AM  
Blogger marty said...

Blood, Sweat & Tears, Keane, and James Blunt

9:20 PM  
Blogger Kaia said...

Nirvana - i immediately turn the station.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Trouble said...

Marty, you have to hear my impression of James Blunt. You'll plotz.

Kaia and Slothie, I'm SO with you on Nirvana, even if it's music journalism heresy. Feh! Oh, and shouldn't Courtney Love be chained to a basement wall somewhere?

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home