Sunday, November 19, 2006

Chow!

Kung Fu Mahjong


Little did you know I've had a Mahjong card since 1998. I love this game. If you re somehow unfamiliar with mahjongg (or mahjong), it's a tile (or, sometimes, card) game similar to gin rummy. Massively popular in Asia and Miami Beach and good, good fun.

The movie reunites the hysterically funny team from Kung Fu Hustle, and the director of Shaolin Soccer, showcasing Yuen Qui, chain-smoking harridan and kung fu master, Yuen Wah, physical comedy genius, and the usual unlikely hero and pretty girls. There's a silly plot, cartoonish characters, and buffoonery aplenty. I can't begin to tell you how much I love this movie.

Right here, right now, I predict Mahjong will be the next trendy hobby, like knitting and bridge were in previous years. Mark my words.

In the meantime, Superfly and I are looking for people to play Mahjong with. Any takers?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home