Friday, January 19, 2007

A Bright Spot and a Tiny Failure

Remember I told you about a book, an anthology, for which I wrote a story that was pulverized by a Publisher's Weekly hack reviewer? Yeah, well, one of the other authors, Ayun Halliday, probably never received a bad review in her life. In fact, I feel like she has sailed through life on a rainbow of adoration and love, bouncing along clouds of compliments and praise all the way. Know why? Because she's an amazing writer. She's also gorgeous, a great mom, a devoted friend (so I hear), and the coolest person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

You know what I mean? A woman who just oozes style, grace and intelligence? Oh, yeah. She's my idol, folks, and I think you ought to check out her blog, buy her books, and subscribe to her 'zine, The East Village Inky.

And the tiny failure? My team was rejected for the World Series of Pop Culture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home