Monday, February 26, 2007

Disappointment

At my advanced age I find it's near impossible to disguise or handle disappointment of any kind. It's simply intolerable.

When your slave your ass off for the things you want and need, it's hard to manage the part about depending on someone else to come through for you, or even just someone meeting you halfway. When you do the work and put your trust into someone who blows it, what are you supposed to do?

Suck it up.
Move on.
Don't take it personally.
Chalk it up to experience or "lessons learned".

Personally, I prefer a good, old-fashioned hissy fit. Which is why, when I got upsetting news about backbiting and under-handed skullduggery at my work this morning, I did NOT say to myself, "Oh, we're moving out of NYC in 30 days, who cares?" And when the job I was badly hoping to get in my new town was given to someone younger and less experienced, I didn't say, "Where one door closes, another opens!"

Oh, no, not me. Instead, I've plotted the grisly deaths of a handful of people and spewed venom all day, and I plan to break my booze fast with a beer or two tonight. It's my goddamed right as a feral bitch and I will champion that right to scowling, glaring rottenness until the day I die.

Go ahead, ignore me. Feel free to talk about me behind my back. Laugh at me all you like. But if you disappoint me, you shall feel my wrath.

Superfly is a Buddha. This kind of thing slides right off him. I'm rather jealous about that. What about you — Zen Master or Raging Hellbeast?

1 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

Raging Hellbeast and damn proud of it.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home