Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Surgery Journal, Chapter One

It's considered elective surgery but it couldn't be any more necessary to me. Sparing you gory details galore, I'll just say that I meet every single qualification necessary to have this procedure covered completely by insurance.

Except that these days insurance companies will balk for the flimsiest reasons, whether for denial of new cancer-fighting drugs because of "insufficient scientific research and/or long-term testing data", or denial of money-saving and good-for-everyone laser eye surgery.

My surgeon assures me that he's worked with my insurance company before and said he hadn't seen a case before where the patient met and exceeded qualifying conditions, as I apparently do.

If I haven't heard back from the doctor's office within two weeks I'm to call them and check on the progress of my pre-authorization claim.

If I am denied and denied again on appeal, I shall be forced to sell my plasma and possibly start walking the streets to pay for my surgery.

If I am approved, I go under the knife within 6 weeks.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Smerdyakov said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Smerdyakov said...

Not that I'm an expert in this matter, but I'd advise against walking the street. I know for a fact that you can make a lot more money if yo...... no, nevermind. Forget I said anything.

7:32 PM  
Blogger marty said...

Good luck w/your surgery, Trouble.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home