Saturday, November 19, 2005

So Long, Friends

Normally, I let this kind of petty bullshit roll right into the Who Gives a Fuck? file upstairs, but those involved are people I think are wonderful individuals, people I genuinely care about and consider friends. We've been there for each other with unconditional support, advice, and good times, for a long time.

Color me surprised and disappointed to learn that in all my obliviousness, these "friends" decided to turn on me, for imagined slights on blogs, of all things. I had no idea they were inclined to be so ridiculous. Especially the not calling me on it, if their feelings were genuinely hurt; why would you go sulk somewhere and complain to other people? How very Jr. high.

Like most of you, probably, I have a few close friends who can get away with murder (figuratively speaking) and get only a severe mocking from me. However, those good friends are unlikely to get into a snit over something I wrote on my blog. I posed this question to one of them, and they called me a friggin' moron. Because they are real, true, honest (mostly), and loyal, these close friends are family and can do no wrong.

Acquaintances, however, often do wrong. They're sometimes thin-skinned, paranoid, needy, delusional, mean, and/or plain stupid. Only acquaintances feel ok thrusting their high-maintance crap on other people. And because I have a full life and really no time or interest in dealing with petty bullshit, I have a few less acquaintances than I did yesterday.

7 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I'm rubber you're glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you. Nah nah nah nah.

Opps, wrong blog. Anyway, very well said as always.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Trouble said...

You so funny!

I'm glad you posted, booberella. I was beginning to think no one read my blog anymore.

Post incendiary drivel and...PRESTO! Snarky comments! YAY!!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I read your blog everyday, well I check for new posts everyday. Come on, incendiary drivel and snarky comments are what make the world go round.

3:39 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

OK, I KNEW You were mad that I dissed your beloved Eagles ;-)

MWAH Dear Trubs and forgive me if I don't comment all the time. The well is running a bit dry right now...

6:05 PM  
Blogger Boogie said...

It goes without saying (hence why I'm saying it) that a slight (especially in a blog) separates the men from the boys (figuratively speaking, unless it's a blog about NAMBLA). But more to the point, it's a good idea to keep an old adage close at hand:

Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

That one's saved me a lot of aggravation (and 9mm ammon) over the years.

12:28 AM  
Blogger glo said...

wowza ... what's in the air and where did it come from?

Wait, I think I smell turkey and pumpkin pie. Happy T G 'ing everyone

4:55 AM  
Blogger Trouble said...

Good advice, boogie man!

Glo-baby, it's so nice to "see" you! Where ya been? I don't know about something being in the air, but there definitely was Full Moon fever happening this past week.

You Canadians celebrate TG on another day, no? In any case, thank you for the happy wishes and right back atcha.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home