Wednesday, April 26, 2006

WebMD limited usefulness and ER/DR boycott

Anyone ever have lower back pain? Would you mind sharing what worked for you?

I got good news from my orthopedic surgeon: my knee problem from all that ballet as a youngster hasn't degenerated to the degree expected. With a month of intense physical therapy, he said, I might even run again!

Woot! Woot!

Naturally, I went straight to the gym and ran on the treadmill. My knees are fine, but there's a white-hot searing pain in my lower back. I get around ok, but staying in one position too long (sitting, standing, lying down) starts to be ouchy. I can't take any NSAIDs (i.e. ibuprofen), but I do have some lovely oxycontin, which I resist taking on top of my knock-out drops--going into a coma might relieve my back pain, but I'm boycotting hospitals right now and Superfly can't do the 24-hour nursing thing.

So! If any of this sounds familiar, pretty pretty pretty please share your secrets.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

How about a heating pad and some gentle stretching exercises. Also, you can use your own hands to massage the area (I read that in a magazine).

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home