Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Loose Change

First, a disclaimer: I do not consider myself a conspiracy theorist, nor do I hold much stock in political activism. That said, I am interested--as a dilettante--in politics. I'm fond of causes, and you'll be hard pressed to find someone more passionate about whatever it is, once I get behind an idea. I don't belong to any political party or indentify myself in any particular way with the current government, nor do I seek to profit by being against it.

I sure do love me some Stephen Colbert.

When it comes to thinking about politics overall, I try to glean as much information from all available sources and then make up my own mind. As a citizen, and (hopefully) voter, it's good for you to do the same. When you watch political speeches, you almost need 3-D glasses, to see the real ideas behind all the babbble. For example, when I see Ann Coulter on some Sunday bully bullshit pulpit, cackling about how dumb liberals are, I see the fragile hag, clutching her relevance with those man hands, ever fearful of drastic political shift and the shelf-life of gimmickry. Taking in political information is really just a matter of adjusting your filters according to what gets sifted out.

Clearly, just about everyone, from the President to the freshest Congressional intern, has an agenda that requires varying degree of sleight-of-hand, glad-handing, and baldfaced lying. When does America say, "enough is enough" and invite the Bush Administration to Charles-Henri Sanson's exclusive party?

Take 9/11. The curious antics of certain political figures in the midst of staggering tragedy are worth poking with a stick. Michael Moore opened the door to public awareness of the conspiracy theories swirling around the "terrorist" attack on New York, but he's just one bigmouth. So many questions and so much stonewalling by the government equal something's up. The victims of 9/11 and all American people deserve justice.

This video is mind-boggling.

I know you hate the politics posts. Please watch the video.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trouble said...

Dude. If the government can rig two elections and commit hideous terrorist attacks against its own people, I'm certain it can manipulate www.snopes.com.

Is that all ya got?

Nice blog, by the way, it's a shame you quit.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Trouble said...

I know you are active in Virginia politics as a Republican, but what is your angle?

The video debunks the govt, snopes.com debunks the video, it's all part of a free society, where the unfettered flow of ideas and ability to express those ideas are guaranteed by the Constitution.

As I said, I prefer to take in all sides of an issue and decide for myself, rather than lockstep in with whatever group is waving a placard at the time. So I thank you for your unique point of view.

For the record, I don't necessarily believe the Bush Administration, or Zionists, or aliens, are responsible for the events of 9/11; but until proven otherwise (and not by a debunker website) I will join the rest of the world in wondering.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Trouble said...

Jonah,

I do appreciate your thoughts and taking time to comment. None of my other readers give a hot damn about politics!

I simply do not agree that snopes.com presented a "sound and solid analysis" of the facts, or anything close to a clear and unfettered debunking.

For the record, I'm not convinced either way, and probably won't be. However, the video does present a compelling case for their side and backs it up with significant facts and expert opinions. The official explanation of radical muslims being phenomenally well organized and extraordinarily lucky just does not fly (so to speak)--there are too many holes in that theory.

Occam's razor--that the simplest answer is probably the right one--could be used to prove either side of this debate. "Logic" can likewise be a very subjective term, malleable to individual agenda. I don't trust the government or conspiracy theorists: I'm saddened by the loss of life on 9/11, whatever the reason.

Questions about the official story do not hurt the country, nor do they hinder attempts to prevent other attacks from happening. Taking money away from targets such as NYC and DC do, though; Who's dumb idea was that?

Pandering to hard-line Republicans about gay marriage is another good way to divert attention from anti-terrorist planning. Give me a break.

Mossad could've killed Osama Bin Laden a hundred times over by now, did you know that? If he is Mr. Most Wanted, the Big Baddie, why won't the U.S. let anyone kill him?

What really makes me angry; what makes me ready to paint placard and march on Washington, is the blank acceptance and and unquestioning "patriotism" most Americans call their political views and involvement. It definitely serves any administration to have their people sticking their heads in the ground at the mention of the word "politics", but it does not serve the greater good.

How many more people voted in the American Idol finale than in the last election?

2:59 PM  
Blogger Trouble said...

You want an official statement from Israeli intelligence? Good luck with that. Think you'll ever get an official statement from the CIA that reflects the reality of a particular situation?

Terrific set-up, though.

The free flow of ideas is important to a progressive and free society, won't you agree?

I will agree that focus is important, too, and time and energy is better spent on ideas that will improve our way of life and the safety of our nation.

Like overthrowing the government, for example.

Jonah, as a Virginian and a political person, what do you think Thomas Jefferson would make of the current administration?

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home