Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Slow Blog Day

...because some guys I knew in high school are in a local band that's huge in Germany, and they look the same only puffier.



How I looked in high school (more or less, I was pretty broke), just like countless other disaffected high school girls in the late '80s. As fashion inspiration goes, Siouxsie Sioux was a better choice than, say, Nina Hagen or Wendy O. Williams. The guys we hung out with all tended to look like suburban versions of Nick Cave or Henry Rollins. What a bunch of dorks we were. I even attempted a mohawk at one point. I have very thick, curly hair that required a smelly gelatin solution and two cans of Aqua Net to approximate verticality. Very sad.

It's still weird to me that a major movie star like Angelina Jolie can shave her kid's hair into a mohawk and garner merely an eye roll. Today's disaffected youth really have it cut out for them to shock society.

Meh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

You had curly hair that you wanted straight. I had straight here that I wanted curly. I used to spiral perm my hair which cost a fortune because it was so long. Sigh, isn't that always the way.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home