Monday, March 24, 2008

Birthday #40

It wasn't as bad or as hard as I thought it would be, turning 40. What helped tremendously were the well wishes of my friends and family all day long.

Though I searched my face entirely too close to the zoom mirror I found no wrinkles and the persistent gray hairs are easily drowned in dye. People are always surprised to learn how old I am — not in the polite bartender way, more in the get-out-your-drivers-license-and-prove-it way, which is more pleasing than it really needs to be.

I sure don't "feel" 40. I feel like a wiser and more experienced version of myself at 16.

We had an engagement photo shoot today which was an almost intolerable amount of fun. I shall post the adorableness when it becomes available.

My lovely fiance and my best friend took me to dinner at the fancy pants restaurant where Trouble Jr. slaves over a hot stove (she was not in attendance, being busy in Hawaii) and we had a seriously gorgeous dinner.

In other words, I had a happy birthday indeed, thank you.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger marty said...

I was happy when I turned 40 cause then I could sue for age discrimination.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Bobulah said...

happy birthday, belatedly. i love you! when are you coming home?

8:30 PM  
Blogger Bobulah said...

nevermind. you already told me. Can't wait to see you guys!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Bobulah said...

and actually it's your 39th birthday. unless you count the day of your birth, which i don't. i don't remember getting any presents.

8:33 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Happy belated! It sounds like it was a good one...

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home