Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Baby Story

Superfly hubby and I are about to embark on an experience unlike anything either of us have lived.

Well, I've been pregnant before but never while on (much needed) medication.

So, with the help of my psychiatrist (Dr. G), my OB/GYN (Dr. R.), and a dizzying array of blood tests and doctor appointments, we are going to try to have a baby.

Surely there are moms out there who have it tougher, say, moms with cancer or moms with physical impairments. I will do whatever my doctors tell me, try not to vex my sweet husband, and leave it up to Mother Nature whether or not I get to have a fifth beautiful, healthy child.

People I actually care about voice their concern for my age and mental health, or wondering why I would want to bring yet another Trouble baby into the world. Because I do care about these people, I don't tell them to go fuck themselves.

The Stakes: I must be off Lithium for the first trimester, no exceptions. I am 40 years old and in good physical condition. No one knows what to expect when I'm expecting, as an unmedicated Bipolar person (for a few months, anyway). Risks aplenty, for everyone involved.

The Yield: A beautiful, healthy child. A chronicle of a pregnancy many people around us think is unwise and dangerous for me, that I hope will be helpful to other bipolar moms.

Not a Baby Story you'll see on TLC, for sure!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I wish you nothing but the best and I have total and complete faith that everything will be fine and will go well and that you will have a very healthy little baby. I am going to start saving up now and I AM coming to see the baby after it's born.

xoxoxoxox

4:39 AM  
Blogger marty said...

All the best on your soon to be pregnancy. As I've never been pregnant, unfortunately I can't speak from personal experience.

8:25 PM  
Blogger LisaBinDaCity said...

Wishing all good things on your pregnancy, Miss Trubs. And a belated Congrats on your wedding!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home